Vision and Mission
To be an international centre of excellence for ICT research and innovation driven by strong industry-academia and government partnership
EBTIC’s mission is:
- Tackle national & societal challenges.
- Drive a national research & innovation programme aligned with national priorities.
- Tackle societal challenges that require national level drive and coordination, such as health & education.
- Scientific excellence.
- Enhance UAE international standing through numbers of patents and publications.
- Enhance UAE position in ICT network readiness index.
- Financial benefit from exploiting IPR.
- Skills building, education, training.
- Skills development across the nation without bias towards short term return on investment and therefore the trained talents would be allowed to disperse across all industries within the country.
- Enhance the standard of education through various education support programmes.
- Industry-academia-government collaboration.
- Improve the national scientific standard through partnerships with other institutes to promote research excellence and science.
- Drive industry-academia collaboration to ensure that research & innovation are down-streamed on a national level to yield commercial and societal benefits.
- Innovation & technology transfer.
- Provide open collaborative research & innovation programme that effectively contributes to the national infrastructure.
- Deliver real world innovative solutions that can be commercially exploited.